No Comments

These are some swallow pictures taken back in 2007 with my first DSLR. This was the Sony a100. The shots were taken at ISO800 for the shutter speed, but this also introduced a lot of noise to the image. The a100 was characterised by a weak AA filter and a CCD sensor. This often made for sharp images at low ISOs but much noisier ones anything above ISO400.

I've used Adobe Lightroom 3 here to process the images again. This is a much better tool to dealing with image noise. I made two versions of each shot. One version was developed with an aggressive approach to noise. The second version was developed with detail being emphasised. The two shots were then merged.

I like this shot for the fact the swallow spotted a midge above its head. I had no idea at the time it was present until I had the image viewed on the PC :)