The kidney is still very much a black box to me. Hence, the box in this mini-infographic (a “minfo”) describing some of the cool stuff our kidneys do. As you can tell, it is not just a brilliant filter getting rid of waste products but so much more. Dialysis (with the aid of Nephrologists’ potions) has got to do most of this stuff too.
Search this blog
The views expressed on this blog are those of the author and do not reflect the views of the owners of SciBlogs.co.nz, the Science Media Centre or the Royal Society of New Zealand
- New way to spread the word
- The physics of maiming a child
- Why you should care about Oregon
- Two new Health Research Council grants worth crowing about
- University of Otago Papanui turns 800
- NZ Scientists already well engaged in the National Science Challenges
- The tao of science missed by National Science Challenges
- Have you got diabetes?
- The critical 1st 6 months post dialysis
- Medals per capita is biased
- Seeing the big picture
- Grenada grabs gold, NZ relegated to Silver
- A bronze puts New Zealand in Gold medal position
- North Korea leads the Olympics – Medals per dollar of GDP
- New Zealand surges to Silver
- Which is really the best performed Olympic country?