For the last year or two, Matthew Dentith has organised twecon.
And this year, I decided to take part. Heaven only knows why. After asking people for suggestions about a topic, a number of things kinda melded into one and I decided on ‘Robots and tentacles: the Singularity as Kraken’.
And today, it was necessary to _submit_ said tweetage. After thashing my braincells a little, plus a couple of iterations and the advice of a mate, I spat something out.
1. Robots and tentacles: the Singularity as Kraken #twecon
2. Latter fires heat the deep, the future rises and swarms, its waveforms opening to engulf us. Tentacles… #twecon
3. … of possibility, the curves of an unceasing end and unremitting remaking, a multitude of attachments… #twecon
4. nodes, hooks, hyperlinks, lines. The merging of man and machine, of mind and manufacture… #twecon
4. … an event horizon, the sinuous sines of Singularity. Harbinger of Apocalypse…
5. … an end to _our_ world, _our_ understanding, _our structures_. A beginning. #twecon
6. The Kraken beckons, Singularity awaits. #twecon
References and readings: http://bit.ly/nk5sHL http://bit.ly/rrt2Au http://gizmo.do/geMWBF http://bit.ly/p93p4O http://bit.ly/ofAMMH #twecon
So there it is. It was certainly interesting to put out there, especially once my hands had stopped shaking :)
AND, for the rest of the awesome content supplied by the various contributors, you can follow #twecon here. Do it. You know you want to…
Also, it’s probably worth mentioning I’m wading (hurhur) through China Mieville’s Kraken :)