Search this blog
The views expressed on this blog are those of the author and do not reflect the views of the owners of SciBlogs.co.nz, the Science Media Centre or the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Future Timeline – a visual representation Pt 2
- Future Timeline – a visual representation Pt 2
- Future Timeline – a visual representation Pt 1
- Scientific collaboration between researchers – map
- Mapping Scientific Excellence – ranking the world’s best scientific organisations
- If Ptolemy had been right, and the magical theory of relativity
- Looking at New Zealand’s IT professionals
- Shiny sexy data centre pr0n
- Engaging early- and mid-career scientists
- Of bikes and buses
- It’s Ada Lovelace Day!
- Adapting to Mars
- Measuring the value of science
- No, actually, everyone is NOT entitled to their opinion
- Lots of land still up for grabs on largest LEGO set
- More fraud behind paper retractions than you might have thought
- New Books in Science, Technology and Society
- New books in Science, Technology and Society
- Cute animal pictures are good for your work!
- UnderSkin, the Tube and schematic mapping
- Wash ALL the things!
- The IgNobel Prize winners 2012: speech jamming, dead salmon brain activity, green hair and more
- The IgNobels 2012 live! Now!
- Crows join humans in the ability to infer hidden causal agents
- Why DID the chicken cross the road?!
- This is your brain on implants (spoiler: it’s better)
- Tim Minchin explains ENCODE
- Give your two cents on electric vehicles in NZ
- Flight sim without the fuss
- Smearing rationality all over Harry Potter
- Selfies with Photosynth
- This is your brain on hacks
- Future interactions, reinventing discovery, living homes and more
- Reprise: "Drone meets nerd, drinks beer and talks"
- Young scientists tell it their way
- Say what now?
- TOSP Episode 6: October 17th 2011
- New Zealand internet usage is on the up!
- Giant squids and a bit of a giggle
- Lauren Ipsum: a book about which I'm rather excited
- Science snippets
- TOSP Episode 5: October 10th 2011
- Ig Nobel banter
- TOSP Episode 4: October 4th 2011
- Hybrid cars , on the subject of
- Great sciencey watchables
- Go forth! Make friends!
- All kinds of trippy goodness - food as scanned by MRI
- In which I make an excuse, but put out a suggestion
- In which I join the 'hello readers!' meme
- Deep-sea critter madness: new species, new photos
- Space geekiness: a lecture
- Planck telescope's first full-sky image of the universe
- A seriously impressive tree of life
- Mindbullets goodness: The Avatar Wars
- When art meets science - Wireless in your World
- Quantum memory improves (vastly)
- Brief interlude: spoon
- Sciencey goodness Pt I
- Distorted internal body maps, anyone?
- Lament on the perfect fuse
- Wellington geeks/nerds: jooooooooiiiiiin uuuuuuus
- The Creativity Machine
- Towards evolvable circuitry
- Dark say what now?
- A miscellany: delinkification, engineer duels and email addresses
- Scientists: "Naturally obsessed"
- All passengers: please remember your space insurance
- Introducing a new blog: The Science of Architecture
- Introducing a new blog: The Bright Ideas Challenge
- 2001: A sciblogs odyssey
- Why science denial is so very dangerous
- A soupcon of shameless self-sales
- For all fans of manga: the power of science
- GRA inaugural meeting shows strong will to succeed
- Now starring in movies: human genes
- Bacteria build pyramids
- It's been a very sciencey few days
- High temperature superconductors and cars - it doesn't get any cooler (seriously)
- Carl Zimmer's Science Reader Survey
- You know your 'type'? It's stress dependent...
- Why GeoNet rocks my world
- An exhortation to Research Bloggers
- How to get sober quicker
- Incredible infographic: the evidence for health supplements
- I'm a Research Blogging Awards finalist!
- Would you like something scanned with an electron microscope?
- Geopolitics and science activity: 30 years' worth
- BioScience in NZ: some statsy goodness Pt II
- BioScience in NZ: some statsy goodness Pt I
- Science articles some of NYT's most emailed
- Drink up! Beer benefits bones...
- Living with robots - don't panic
- Hydrogels or, how to replace petroleum-based plastics
- Stunning science imagery Pt I
- Prove your wordpower
- If I was a running shoe manufacturer, I would be worried...
- What would we do when the aliens land?
- A little bit of fun: how to (mathematically) park your car
- Stunning visions of Mars
- Sperm of a feather clump together
- Stonehenge built as ancient memory storage device?
- On the matter of time, and how the past crystallises out of the future
- Introducing a new blogger: Journeys to the Ice
- New ways of farming?
- NZ's increasing academic shortage
- Links I've enjoyed this last week...
- Shrodinger's tobacco mosaic virus
- Nature's data-sharing issue
- Peer Review Survey 2009 - the system's worth keeping, but could use some work
- Reflexology quickie
- Name-dropping makes you obnoxious
- The travelling salesman problem and bacterial computers
- Magnetic monopoles?
- Cows and...seaweed?
- The geoengineering debate
- Jellyfish, continued
- Pretty produce
- PhD Comics gets it right, again
- Google Transit
- The value of knowledge economies
- Personal space issues: now we know the 'where'
- xkcd: Newton and Leibniz
- Gadgets, Games and Geeks 09: The Future of Innovation, Shatter, Weta and pizza
- Addendum to previous post
- The (threat) challenge to science publishing
- Global warming warning
- Gamma-ray bursts get even more sci-fi
- More evidence that cockroaches may be the pinnacle of evolution
- Sunbed silliness
- Biomimicry and AskNature
- PopSci's Future Of...