There is a saying among writers: to write more, write more. The hardest part of blogging isn’t the tools – it’s what goes on between your ears. Many people start blogs with excitement, but lose courage when facing the blank post page, or chicken out before hitting publish. Here at WordPress.com, we know. And we’re here to help.
Starting today, you can go to dailypost.wordpress.com for inspiration, encouragement and advice about blogging. We’ll be posting every day so you can get regular boosts of motivation to blog more often.
The Post Every Day challenge
Daily habits are the best way to make change happen. If you can remember to do something every day, by the end of the year, you’ll have done that thing over 300 times! Simple and amazing.
As part of the DailyPost, we’re launching two campaigns:
- Post a Day 2011: Post something to your blog every single day through 2011
- Post a Week 2011: Post to your blog at least once a week through 2011
If you’re thinking big, sign up for PostADay. If you’re haven’t posted in ages, or have never posted at all, PostAWeek might be your speed. Still noble and bold, but perhaps more your style.
And of course, feel free to set your own goal – sign up as if you were doing PostAWeek, just so we can keep tabs on what you’re up to.
How to Join:
You can sign up any time – it’s okay if you are reading this on January 15th, or May 5th, or whenever. Join up – it will help you post more, which makes us happy.
Signing up is simple – do the following:
- Post on your blog, right now, that you’re participating
- (You can grab a sample post from dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Use the tag postaday2011 or postaweek2011 in your posts (tips on tagging here)
- Go to dailypost.wordpress.com
- Subscribe to dailypost.wordpress.com- you’ll get reminders and inspirations every day to help you bring your full potential to your WordPress blog!
If you need a new blog, go here first to get one fast.
That’s all for now. For more, check dailypost.wordpress.com real soon!