Search this blog
The views expressed on this blog are those of the author and do not reflect the views of the owners of SciBlogs.co.nz, the Science Media Centre or the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Lamprey – Living fossils in our midst
- How many whitebait eggs does it take to make a whitebait fritter?
- Delving deeper: Life below the bottom of the stream
- Carbon cycling in mountain ranges – Our environmentally friendly Southern Alps
- Understanding the natural history of New Zealand’s nutrient fluxes
- Hapua: developments in understanding river mouth lagoons and their responses to freshwater regimes
- Landscapes shaped by water
- Southern Alps groundwater sheds light on the Alpine Fault
- Thirsty trees and water yields: Vegetation, water and a changing climate
- Tussocks – a fundamental component of New Zealand’s water cycle
- A pluvial and fluvial country
- Weather and water in New Zealand – where do our storms come from?
- The natural history of New Zealand’s freshwaters: Series introduction
- Happy holidays from Waiology!
- Un-muddying the waters: Series conclusion
- Water quality series: What do you think?
- Better water quality won’t happen overnight ... but it must happen
- How much dairying is too much in terms of water quality?
- Impacts of climate change on water quality
- Understanding groundwater quality – why it’s not easy
- Vague expectations get vague results: Freshwaters need targets
- How does agriculture affect New Zealand’s water quality?
- Estuary water quality for ecosystem health and recreation, Christchurch
- Water quality models – are they good enough for management?
- Emerging organic contaminants: A threat to New Zealand freshwaters?
- Nitrate in Canterbury groundwater
- Nuisance periphyton – too much of a good thing
- Overcoming obstacles to setting water quality limits
- Science and policy merge in water plan
- Monitoring the diversity of NZ groundwater quality
- Managing nitrogen in the Lake Taupo catchment
- Why freshwater management needs to include estuaries
- Proposed national bottom lines for water quality
- Estuaries on the receiving end of catchment runoff
- Water quality – What about the fish and the anglers?
- Effects of water quality on freshwater fish
- Bugs in the system: How do we make sense of recreational water quality?
- Pipes, ponds and beyond: Measuring and managing urban stormwater quality
- An overview of the water quality in New Zealand rivers
- A primer on water quality
- Un-muddying the Waters: Series on NZ water quality
- The evolution of freshwater management under the RMA
- Evolution of water governance models in New Zealand
- Trust, as much as science, is at the heart of water management
- Managing our freshwater resources in a changing climate
- Happy World Water Day!
- The National Parks of our waterways: Do they have any future under proposed Government reforms?
- The legitimate use of science in managing water
- Who owns water? Māori or the Crown?
- Water governance and the RMA
- The role of science and science communication in setting environmental limits
- Government releases freshwater reform proposals
- The Department of Conservation’s role in water governance
- Water governance - we’re getting into overdraft
- Personal reflections on the Land and Water Forum
- Water governance in New Zealand: An introduction
- Why measure carbon budgets in NZ peat wetlands?
- World Wetlands Day at Lake Serpentine, site for proposed National Wetlands Centre
- The state of Canterbury’s coastal wetland vegetation
- From “swamps” to “wetlands”: The transformation of wetlands as both conceptual and physical landscapes
- Two weeks of blogging for World Wetlands Day
- The use of dicyandiamide (DCD) to control nitrogen pollution in NZ
- Discovering the unique fauna of alpine streams
- Where does NZ take its water from?
- Recent NZ research from climate change to tussock | Journal of Hydrology (NZ): 50(2)
- Sea level fall and floods due to massive evaporation
- Long-term fluctuations in river flow conditions linked to the Interdecadal Pacific Oscillation
- The importance of groundwater
- The low down on groundwater
- Water storage is not a panacea
- Te Radar wades into water
- As seen on TV
- California Water Blog
- Climate Aquatics Blog
- Climate Change Water Blog
- Hydrology Corner
- International Water Law Project
- Jan Verkade's blog
- John Fleck
- Living in Actively Moving Water
- Making Waves
- NIWA's National Centre for Freshwater and Estuaries
- NZ Freshwater Sciences Society
- NZ Hydrological Society
- On Water (Robyn Moore, NZ)
- Riparian Rap
- Significant Figures – Peter Gleick
- Soil and Water Blog
- The Compleat Wetlander
- The River Seers
- Thirsty in Suburbia
- Waiology @ YouTube
- Water 50:50
- Water Currents
- Water Wired
- Watershed Hydrogeology Blog
- Watershed Moments
- World Bank Water Blog