Could – & should – the moa be a goer again?
The social science of Mycoplasma
May ’18 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
How children’s picturebooks can disrupt existing language hierarchies
Kea catching, moose hunting and Juuling – some of May’s great stories
Smoke, heat or vapour? Ideas for risk-proportionate regulation to make World Smokefree Day irrelevant by 2025
Why blowing the 1.5C global warming goal will leave poor tropical nations sweating most of all
History & ‘right to try’
Anti-fluoridation activists buy scientific credibility using a predatory publisher
Preliminary report on Uber’s driverless car fatality shows the need for tougher regulatory controls
Science or Snake Oil: what is black salve and why do people think it can cure cancer?
How parenthood continues to cost women more than men
Why are we gifting so much to farmers?
NZ Police pursuits keep killing people
New Zealand’s hoki fishery under scrutiny after claims of fish dumping, misreporting
- Kerry Ford on Pinus radiata, New Zealand’s adopted icon
- Stephen Thorpe on Remembering Peter Nelson’s advice – pest management for the 21st century
- Grant Jacobs on Appeal to antiquity? Appeal to nature? Bingo!
- Grant Jacobs on World’s largest bacteria
- Alison Campbell on “killer neandertals” – does this one really stack up?